FYC Drawdown with Tip Tops
FYC COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENTS
We know you want use of your club and your club amenities and we are working diligently to make that happen. After extensive discussions among the board, the bridge, our pool management company, and the health department we are going to reopen the pool with certain restrictions in place. The pool will reopen Saturday May 16th 9am – 8pm with the following guidelines –-
– All previous pool rules are still in effect – NO GLASS, NO RUNNING, NO HORSE PLAYING, NO JUMPING OR DIVING FROM THE BRIDGE, USE YOUR KEYCARD, FYC MEMBERS ONLY and NO GUESTS.
– All members use the pool amenity at their own risk and Fairhope Yacht Club is not responsible for anyone becoming ill or injured.
– By using the pool amenity, persons are agreeing to abide by the Alabama Safer at Home Order and exercise personal responsibility for slowing the spread of COVID-19. This includes practicing social distancing which is maintaining a consistent 6-foot distance between persons of different households for gatherings of any size.
– Any person who has tested positive for COVID-19 is prohibited from using the pool amenity until they have been cleared to do so by a physician or state health official.
– Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult who can supervise them to ensure they are complying with social distancing guidelines.
– Social distancing will be enforced – you will find a reduced number of loungers, tables, and chairs on the pool deck in clearly marked areas. You must keep all loungers, tables and chairs within these areas. Please do not move them outside of the defined areas or change their layout. If furniture is moved, you will be told to leave the pool deck immediately.
– Blue tape in the shape of an X has been marked on the pool deck as areas to keep clear – please do not sit here, congregate here, or otherwise occupy these areas. If you are occupying these areas, you will be told to leave the pool deck immediately.
– Please do not bring additional chairs or other seating items to the pool deck. If you bring in additional seating you will be told to leave the pool deck immediately.
– Please limit your time at the pool to no more than 2 hours so that other members can use the pool as well.
– Please do not bring pool noodles, pool toys, beach balls, etc. and other items that encourage touching or sharing of these items. If you are observed using these items you will be told to leave the pool deck immediately.
– NO staff members will be available to wipe down chairs, tables, loungers, rails, etc. so bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer and use these areas at your own risk.
– We ask for your courtesy and patience in making this work for everyone. Anyone not following these guidelines will be subject to disciplinary actions by the FYC Board of Governors.
Failure by members using the pool amenity to follow these requirements could result in the pool being closed by the FYC Bridge, Board of Governors OR the Baldwin County Health Department under an emergency order. Violations of the Safer at Home Order while using the pool amenity are the responsibility of the individual member and NOT the responsibility of Fairhope Yacht Club. As such, any violation of the Safer at Home order by a person while using the pool amenity resulting in a governmental citation or fine is the sole responsibility of that member.
New announcements today:
- The April General Membership meeting is cancelled.
- The April Board meeting has been rescheduled to April 6, 2020.
- Viper 640 Gulf Coast Championship is rescheduled to June 27-28, 2020.
- Children’s Cup Charity Regatta is rescheduled to August 15, 2020.
After the latest update from the Governor, the restaurant is take out only. You must call in your order in, and it will be brought to your car in the turn about by office. The bar is also closed. If you would like to order beer or wine closed containers, you may call it in as a takeout order. You may sit on the deck and eat your meal, but we will not have servers working the deck area. Bring your own bottle openers, and please clean up your trash when you leave.
- The main building will be closed to all members.
- The restaurant will offer takeout orders only.
- You may call in your order and they will be brought to your car.
- We will also offer seating on the deck so you can enjoy your meals and beverages. Our staff will be working to help you by taking drink orders and takeout orders from the kitchen while you are dining or drinking on the deck.
- For faster service calling in your order will be the most efficient at this time. When you are at the club and would like to order go to the hostess so we can find you a server to take your order. Please be patient when you are at the club, we will get to you.
- The Fairhope Yacht Club bar and restaurant will be closed Monday 3/16/20 and Tuesday 3/17/20.
- March Bingo has been cancelled.
- The Pool is closed until further notice.
We are still monitoring the situation and more information will be coming out very soon.
- The Fairhope Yacht Club will postpone or cancel all the regattas for the month of March. The status of our planned April regattas will depend on how quickly conditions improve. We will try to reschedule any postponed regattas, if possible. Rescheduling will depend on the extent of the spread of the virus and how soon everything returns back to normal.
- All scheduled March Race and Regatta Committee meetings are cancelled. The Race and Regatta Committee will reconvene at its regularly scheduled time in April.
- The FYC drawdown has been rescheduled for Friday August 7, 2020. Tickets are still on sale in the FYC office. Get your tickets now and save the date to come party with your family, friends, and the Tip Tops. It will be an awesome party.