FYC Drawdown with Tip Tops
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS – FYC EVENTS & COVID-19
September 24, 2020:
Letter from Nominating Committee to All FYC Members – Download here
Saturday 5/16/2020 update:
- The FYC pool is open 9am-8pm in a LIMITED CAPACITY to MEMBERS ONLY. NO GUESTS.
- Practice social distancing. Maintain a consistent 6-foot distance between persons of different households for gatherings of any size.
- Marked deck areas allow for 15 households at the pool. In the event the pool is at capacity, limit your time to two (2) hours, so other members may enjoy the pool.
- Please use the side entrance to the pool while the main ramp is under repairs.
- Details here
Friday 5/15/2020 update:
- The Bar and Restaurant will open TODAY under the following restrictions:
- The building can only operate at 50% capacity. We will accept no MORE than 45 people in the restaurant and 15 people in the bar.
- Reservations are STRONGLY encouraged. Reservations will have priority over walk-ins.
- Curbside Service remains available.
- Regular club events continue to be on hiatus.
- The FYC pool remains closed until further notice.
Thursday 4/9/2020 update:
- The FYC Boat Ramp is closed for maintenance on 4/9/2020 and 4/10/2020. It will reopen at NOON on Friday, 4/10/2020.
Monday 3/30/2020 update:
- The April General Membership meeting is cancelled.
- The April Board meeting has been rescheduled to April 6, 2020.
- Viper 640 Gulf Coast Championship is rescheduled to June 27-28, 2020.
- Children’s Cup Charity Regatta is rescheduled to August 15, 2020.
- Regarding the Bar & Restaurant:
- the main building is closed to all members.
- takeout service is available, including alcohol (Bring Your Own Corkscrew).
- Order pick-up is by the office. It will be brought to you.
- the deck is open, but there is no table service.
- Social Events have been cancelled until further notice.
- The Pool is closed until further notice.
- The Fairhope Yacht Club will postpone or cancel all the regattas for the months of March, April, and May.
- All Race and Regatta Committee meetings are cancelled until further notice.
- The FYC drawdown has been rescheduled for Friday August 7, 2020.
Click here for more details…
WELCOME TO FAIRHOPE YACHT CLUB
Located in Fairhope, Alabama, Fairhope Yacht Club(FYC) has been a Mobile Bay institution since 1942. We are located on the beautiful Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay, and welcome sailors of all ages, both racers and cruisers. FYC offers spirited racing, plus a wide variety of social and family events.
Like many clubs along the Gulf Coast, our club house, much of our harbor and many of our boats were destroyed when Hurricane Katrina made landfall to our west on August 29, 2005. Members quickly rallied and renovated the boat barn is serve as our temporary club house. In 2007 we completed the construction of a new swimming pool and the reconstruction of our harbor; then on August 29, 2008, three years to date after being destroyed, we commissioned our new club house. It is a beautiful, grand facility. Throughout the rebuilding process our spirit for the love of sailing was never diminished and our members continued to enjoy racing and social events on the FYC grounds. We continue to be a vibrant and growing organization with a broad based and diverse group of individuals with a common goal: to advance the sport of sailing.
We are blessed with a moderate climate, steady afternoon sea breezes and fantastic sunsets. Our generally laid back lifestyle is occasionally punctuated with bursts of extreme intensity, usually right before the starting gun, or during a jubilee!